WINDOWS is one of the most widely used Operating System in the world because of easy interface and great functionality. But not all the users of windows are using a Genuine copy of Windows. Most of the Users who bought Third Party Software will face some issue later on. People who use Pirated Copy of windows will face some errors like: “This Copy of Windows is not Genuine Error” after one month of using it. So, in this post, we will discuss causes and solution of this Error.
If you are using Pirated Windows OS then maybe at some point you have observed that computer screen suddenly turns black with program icons still visible. At the same time, an error message displays as this copy of Windows is not genuine in the Bottom Right of the PC Screen. This error mostly is seen on Windows 7 build 7601 updates. It is likely that the error occurs due to Windows update bugs, computer malware or sometimes because of the virus.
NOTE: WE DO NOT SUPPORT ANY KIND OF PIRACY. THIS TUTORIALS IS ONLY FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSE. WE ALWAYS RECOMMEND YOU TO USE LICENCE VERSION OF WINDOWS.
The best solution of this problem is Just BUY a Genuine copy of windows from Microsoft Website. AVOID BUYING ANY WINDOWS UPDATE/COPY FROM 3RD PARTY OR ANY E-COMMERCE STORE. But still if you don’t want to But the Original Copy then Read this post till the End. We have generally 3 Methods to Solve the problem in both 32 Bit and 64 Bit Windows Version.
- SLMGR -REARM command Method
- rsop.msc command Method
- By Uninstall update
Now Let’s Discuss all the methods in detail.
Method:1 Using SLMGR -REARM Command
Here SLMGR is a tool which manages Windows software license. REARM is a command which resets the license status of the machine so we will use this command and solve the error in this method. In this method you need to follow some simple steps given below:
- Open Start Menu and Type CMD.
- Now Right click on cmd file and click on “Run as Administrator” (It will give administrator privileges).
- On the Command Prompt Type SLMGR -REARM (Put SPACE Before DASH) and press enter.
- Now You can see one Message/Windows displays like: “Command completed successfully. Please restart the system for the changes to take effect”. Click on Okay and Restart Your System.
NOTE: Generally SLMGR -REARM Command works in most cases but You can also use SLMGR /REARM Command to solve the error.
Method:2 rsop.msc command Method
- Press Windows Key + R on Your Keyboard. It will open RUN Function.
- Now Type rsop.msc and press Enter.
- Now Follow This Path on the Screen: Windows Settings >> Security Settings >> System Services.
- Now Right Click on PLUG AND PLAY Service Option. Now Look at STARTUP and Click on AUTOMATIC Option.
- Now open Run by using the keyboard shortcut: Windows key + R.
- Type gpupdate /force
- The Final Step is Restart Your System and You can see Error will be Gone.
If somehow Above Two Method doesn’t work for you then You can Try this 3rd Method.
Method:3 Uninstalling the Updates KB971033
NOTE: This method isn’t Recommended because by Uninstalling Windows Updates Some Programmes and Functions may not Work Properly So it is advisable to take Proper Backup of your files. Do it on Your Own Risk.
In Most of the Cases “This Copy of Windows is not Genuine Error” Caused by the Windows 7 activation checker update (KB971033). So This method is Simple and takes No time. You just need to Find KB971033 Update and Uninstalled it. In order to do this follow these steps:
- In the Start Menu Open “CONTROL PANEL“
- Now Go to “SECURITY SYSTEM” and there open “Windows Update Section“
- Click on “View installed updates”. If that link isn’t there, click on “View update history” and hit the “Installed updates” link at the top.
- Now in that section Find KB971033 Update Option. Click on that and Uninstalled the Update.
- Restart the System.
Note: Updates Files will easily detect any Updates of your Windows so after Uninstalling the Updates we recommend you to TURN OFF Auto Update Feature so that You won’t face any error any Future. To Turn off follow these steps:
- Open Control panel.
- Go to windows update.
- Click on “Install updates automatically(Recommended)“.
- Select “Never check for updates(Not recommended)“.
I hope you can able to find the solution after reading this info. please let me know if you are still facing any errors.
Comment on “SOLUTION: This Copy of Windows is not Genuine Error”
Hi thank so much for these tips. I was troubled for ages with ‘this copy of windows is not genuine’. I followed your first tip and hooray GONE.