- 1 Method-1 Clear Google Chrome Browsing History
- 2 Method-2 Scan PC Using Malwarebytes
- 3 Method-3 Setup Maximum Transmission Unit using CMD
- 4 Method-4 Disable Anti-virus Software
- 5 Method-5 Using netsh Winsock reset Method in Cmd
- 6 Method-6 Disable Proxy Settings
- 7 Method-7 Update Chrome Browser
Fix ERR_CONNECTION_RESET: I am pretty much sure that if you are using Google Chrome then you might come across Fix ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error which means the website you’re trying to visit cannot establish a secure connection with the destination website.
There are few possible reasons for this error like Registry Network changes, Your Internet Connection and a website you are visiting has Down due to Traffic Overload (Their servers can’t handle that much traffic). So in this post, you will find a complete solution to this error with steps.
If you see the Error Page carefully then there are few troubleshooting steps mentioned in the error itself which are quite useful, so before trying the below-listed methods make sure you try them first but in case If you can’t able to solve the error by those steps you can try below-given methods:
Method-1 Clear Google Chrome Browsing History
The simplest Method is to Clear your Complete Google Chrome Browsing History from the Beginning (Including Cookies, App Data, Saved Password, Stored Images, and addresses).
- Open Google Chrome Web Browser
- Go to Settings
- Go to History Settings
- Select Advanced Settings option
- Tick all the Tabs and select From the Beginning
- Click on CLEAR Tab to Delete complete Chrome history
Method-2 Scan PC Using Malwarebytes
It is highly recommended to perform Full Scan of your Computer using any ant-virus software. If you running Windows 10 then Windows defender is also good. Here we will use Malwarebytes (Malwarebytes has 14 days free trial so you can use the free version and It removes unwanted Malware and Ransomware)
- Download and Install Malwarebytes
- Once the installation process completes Open the Software and Click on SCAN NOW Button.
Once Full Scan will complete you can see Scan report. If you find any Malware or Virus kindly Click on Quarantine which eventually removes infected files from your PC and can resolve the error.
Method-3 Setup Maximum Transmission Unit using CMD
You might have a question that what is Maximum Transmission Unit?
Let me tell you Actually The internet’s transmission control protocol (TCP) uses the MTU to determine the maximum size of each packet in any transmission. So If you setup MTU Packet size using cmd this issue might be resolved. To Do that follow the steps:
- Open Command Prompt and Type ncpa.cpl and Press Enter which will open Network Connection Tab. Or you can Go to the Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network Connections.
- From NetworkConnection Note Down Network Wireless Connection
- Now Open Command Prompt (Windows Key+R)
- Now Type the Following Command in the cmd and press Enter:
netsh interface IPv4 set subinterface “Name of the Network Connection 4” mtu=1472 store=persitent
NOTE: In Above Command Replace the Name of the Network Connection with the actual name of your network
- Once all done check whether the issue has resolved or not
Method-4 Disable Anti-virus Software
Sometimes Anti-virus software can restrict your web browser process and because of that Your Browser can’t able to establish a secure connection with the destination website.
In that case, it’s better to Uninstall your Anti-Virus or you can Temporary Disable your Anti-Virus Software and then try google chrome.
Method-5 Using netsh Winsock reset Method in Cmd
In this method, we need to use cmd as administrator.
- Click on Windows Start Button and type cmd
- Now as shown in the figure Open Command Prompt as Administrator
- Type netsh Winsock reset command and Hit enter
- This process Successfully Reset Winsock Catalog and to complete the Reset You need to Restart your System
Method-6 Disable Proxy Settings
Now in the First step, you need to Open Internet Properties to Do so Follow given steps:
- Open CMD by Windows Key + R then type inetcpl.cpl and hit enter
- Now Open Connection Tab as given in the figure
- On Connection Tab open LAN Settings
- Now Uncheck Use a Proxy Server for your LAN and make sure Automatically detect settings is checked.
- Click on OK and Save the Settings
- Now Restart your system
Method-7 Update Chrome Browser
Sometimes Updating a Web Browser can resolve the issue.
Go to the About Tab of Google Chrome
Check for the Updates and If a New Version will available then Update your Browser
So, guys, These are some methods I came to know and I personally Tried all of them. It’s possible then some of them may work for you and few of them don’t. Let me know which one is working perfectly for you in the comment section and if you know any other methods kindly share it with everyone. See ya in the Next Article