iMessage For Windows: iMessage was introduced back in 2011 by APPLE INC as a messaging application for iOS 5 and upper versions. iMessage was the replacement of iChat which is a part of OS X Mountain Lion. iMessage is the most popular and most used messaging app which comes inbuilt in iOS devices and is compatible with all the Apple devices. The response of Apple users was really great which makes iMessage app a huge success within a short span of the period after the launch.
It was easy to install and use iMessage on Apple device but many windows users also demanding to make it compatible with windows devices so that Windows users can Run iMessage for Windows 10. There are always many alternatives to find a solution and here there are also multiple ways to use iMessage apps on Windows but for that, you have to follow certain steps.
iMessage for Windows: If you are looking for using iMessage for Windows directly than let me tell you there is no direct way you can install the app on your Windows PC although we have some alternative methods by which you can able to use iMessage App on Windows 10.
We have FOUR Different Methods by which you can use iMessage for Windows 10
- USING CHROME REMOTE DESKTOP
- GET IMESSAGE USING BLUESTACKS
- GET IMESSAGE USING IPADIAN (Without Jailbreak)
- GET IMESSAGE USING CYDIA (Using Jailbreak)
Let’s discuss all of them in details
#1 Download iMessage using Chrome Remote Desktop Extension
If you want to download iMessages for Windows PC with no jailbreak, just try this method. But using this method, you need to prepare a Mac and Windows PC in advance. Then follow the exact steps below:
- In the first step download Google Chrome extension called Chrome Remote Desktop on your Mac and Windows.
- Open the Extension and click on Add to Chrome option and launch the app
- Now on your Mac System download Chrome remote desktop host installer and install once download complete.
- Now in order to access iMessage in another screen on windows setup security PIN
- Now back in Windows system and Find Remote MAC and start Sharing
Once you Done with above steps you can use iMessage app using Chrome Remote Desktop in Chrome Browser.
#2 Use iMessage using Bluestacks on Windows 10
We know that iMessage isn’t available other than iOS devices so If you wish to Run iMessage on Windows then Bluetack is one of the best options. (The BlueStacks App Player is designed to enable Android applications to run on PCs running Microsoft Windows.)
- Download Bluestacks Emulators – https://www.bluestacks.com
- After Downloading .EXE File, open and install Bluestacks
- Now in the Seach Box type iMessage and press enter
- You can see iMessage app is available to install on your Windows
- Once you install iMessage app on Blustacks you can able to run iMessage on Windows.
#3 Use iMessage on Windows using iPadian Emulator
If you don’t know about Emulators than let me tell you “Emulator is Hardware or Software that enables one computer system (Host) to behave like another computer system (Guest). In Simple words, an iOS Emulators enables a windows bases system (Called Guest) to emulate iOS application with the help of programming. So, you can run an iOS application on a windows system with the iOS Emulators.” (For More details you can check out the List of Best iOS Emulators)
NOTE – The process doesn’t require any Jailbreak your device.
- Go to the Official Website of iPadian – www.ipadian.net
- From the Homepage Click on “Download for Windows” Button
- Once Download process is complete, open EXE file and install the Software on your Windows System
- Now after the installation process opens the Emulator and on the Search Box search for iMessage app.
- Once you find the app kindly install it on your PC and you are ready to use iMessage app on Windows using iPadian. (Basically Bluestack & iPadian both functions are similar. Both are Emulators one is for Android and another one is for iOS)
#4 Get iMessage on Windows PC using Cydia App
First 3 methods are for Beginners because it doesn’t require any jailbreak. But this method does need Jailbreak device. In his method, we are going to use Cydia App (Cydia is basically the App Store for a jailbroken device. Cydia is like the secondary App Store where you can get third-party custom apps after you jailbreak)
- First Search for the Cydia App on Google and Download the app on your Windows PC
- Once you install the App on PC then search for the Remote Message Application
- Once you find the App just install it
- After the installation process go to settings there you will see a toggle button click that button and enable the app.
- After that, you have to create a remote connection by entering username and password.
- Now it’s time to Run the App on Windows after creating your remote connection, open a web browser, copy the IP address and enter your username and password to complete. (make sure that your iOS device and PC both are connected to same Wi-Fi.)
So, guys, these are the four methods by which you can use iMessage on Windows 10. If you ask my opinion then among all I would prefer to use iMessage on Windows using Bluestacks because it’s easy to set up and Doesn’t require any Jailbreak. Let me know If you are using any other method.
Comments on “iMessage for Windows 10 – How to Download and Install”
This may have worked once upon a time but I can confirm that iPadian doesn’t work at all. Paid the $20, it shows a desktop, you can launch iMessage, or settings, or other apps but you can’t actually interact with any of them nor can you actually send a message. So using a Surface Pro i7 with 16 Gigs RAM and windows 10 Pro apparently isn’t fast enough or exact same behavior. Waste of Money – Twice.
Bluestacks doesn’t work either. Sure it’ll let you download/install and try to connect to the google play store but good luck in finding iMessage. Doesn’t exist by that name. Other apps with Message in their names do but you can’t actually download them (not found).
The other methods of remotely controlling a Mac machine completely defeats the purpose of having imessage running on a Windows platform. How might one do that on a plane?
Hey Kim, Thanks for the feedback. I will surely try to find new ways to use iMessage in WIN.