What is Firewall Security?
Before knowing which are Best Firewall Applications for Android phones we need to understand what firewall actually is? FIREWALL basically act as a Network Security system which monitors your cellphone’s network traffic based on the settings. In simple words Firewall act as a WALL/BARRIER between Trusted and Untrusted network. A firewall acts as a filter and protects you from any Security Breach which can steal your data.
Best Firewall Apps for Unrooted Android Phones
So it’s very important to have at least one Firewall App on your phone which improves your device’s security. If you are an Android User and you are looking for best firewall app than this post will be very helpful for you. Here we have listed Best Performing Firewall Apps for Android user after testing several Free as well as Paid applications available in the market. You can try any app and which is compatible with your smartphone version.
NoRoot Firewall is on number One is our list because of its features and functionalities. It protects your personal information from being sent to the Internet. NoRoot firewall notifies you when an app is trying to access the Internet. All you need to do is just press Allow or Deny button. It’s very popular among all with 4.4/5 User Ratings.
- Works very well on unrooted android cells
- Totally Free, No Ads and No Opt-ins
- Easy Navigation and simple to use
- Minimum Permissions required while installing the App.
- NoRoot Firewall may not work on LTE because it NoRoot Firewall currently doesn’t support IPv6. But according to the developers, this features will available in the future Updates of this App.
NetGuard – no-root firewall
NetGuard is a great Firewall App for the users who need a simple and a way to Block Internet. This app doesn’t require Root Process. With the help of this App, you can individually block Network traffic. You can also Block specific address in the setting bar. Apart from that NetGuard will allow you to select individual applications and change it’s firewall settings like you can Allow Wi-Fi and Mobile Data when Screen is on and You can Block it in roaming also. The user can also Whitelist/Blacklist any app using the internet in the background.
- Good App to save Battery life
- Save your INternet Data by Blocking Unwanted Apps running in Background
- Improve your security and Privacy
- Totally Free, No Root Required, 100% Open Source
- No calling home, No tracking or analytics, No advertisements, IPv4/IPv6 TCP/UDP supported, Tethering supported
- Display network speed graph in a status bar notification
- Optionally allow when screen on, Optionally block when roaming, Optionally block system applications
- It has Both Simple and Advanced user interface but Sometimes advanced features are tricky to understand for new android users.
Mobiwol: NoRoot Firewall
Mobiwol’s best feature is it increased Battery life and reduce the data usage by blocking unwanted apps running on background. Like other firewall apps, Mobiwol let you Block individual application. While testing this app we really like one feature of the app: how much data each app is consuming and you can restrict individual app from using only a specific amount of mobile data. Once the app reaches that limit, it will not be able to access the internet via mobile data/Wi-fi.
- Simple to use
- It will Automatically Start on device startup
- You can limit Data usage of individual applications
- Automatically identifies applications currently installed on your mobile device
- Block background app activity
- Easily Allow/Block App Connectivity
- It will give you an alert whenever any new app will access your Internet data.
- Only one Drawback on the app is you can come across many apps while accessing the application.
For more information, you can read it’s FAQ Section which will clear all of your doubts.
NoRoot Data Firewall
NoRoot Data Firewall is best in terms of Clean Interface. The app has great navigation menu and direction. Like other apps, NoRoot Data doesn’t require any Rooting process. This app works as the proxy between the common apps and the servers. The app doesn’t steal your data or send even one bit of its own. This app controls the access permission for background apps. One noticeable feature of the app is that it logs the network interactions of all the apps. Just tap on the app and select the “Analyze” option to see what websites or IP address an app is connected.
- No Root Required
- You can Set temporary permission for just 1 hour.
- You can set a filter for any Domain/IP Address.
- You can also set DNS Server and change the Night Mode
- Capture data packets, which means you can sniffer the internet data on your device with no-root needed.
- NoRoot Data Firewall Supports mobile network only mode which disables firewall automatically in a wifi network. App also Analyze the accessed websites for each app.
- You can also see your Data Diary to Analyze the data.
This Firewall App is Premium/Paid. According to their team, It’s an Advanced Android Network Firewall without Root. The user can Block any network access based IP and App. NetPatch Firewall does not have any built-in rules, you need to create your own rules or subscribe from the network. Main features include: It’s not limited to custom DNS server, ability to create the domain and IP groups, detailed logs, block specific IP addresses.
- The app will Notify when User installs new app.
- Export/Import Configure.
- 7 Days Free trial
- Contains NO ADS
- It will reduce your data usage, Increase Privacy and save battery life.
- In the premium version, you can Subscribe IP and domain groups from the network.
- You can view all network logs and block background applications.
- Network May does not work on the IPV6
NetStop is yet another Very Simple and easy to use Firewall application for unrooted android phones. If you want to stop all the network traffic with the single Tap than this application is for you. NetStop Firewall is a one-click firewall application, that lets you stop all network traffic in an instance.
- The interface is very simple and easy
- On/Off functionality to stop network traffic
- No ads and fewer permissions
- Free of Cost
- You can’t individually Block any IP or an Application
- Not so many functions
Kronos is yet another simple firewall app. In Kronos, you can select an app to the firewall in the setting section. You can View your logs, data usage and system apps which are using network traffic. You can individually block the app.
- Requires No Permission
- No data or information about you or your phone will ever be sent back to any servers.
- Kronos FW does NOT require root
- App Don’t work in Android Oreo (According to the viewer’s opinion)
- No automatic turned on the firewall when the net is connected
So we have compiled all the above information according to our experience. We also want you to try out these Firewall applications and let us know which works best for you. If you are using any other apps except these listed above kindly mention them on comment section so that we can include them in our list. Thank you for reading these post. Stay tuned for more Tech updates and tutorials.