Kik for PC: Guys, According to my Experience there is no end and evolution of Text/Message applications. When Wechat was released I thought no one can beat it but with every new released of Messaging app, I tend to realize that there is no END. KIK is the best Example of this.
When KIK was released there were many message/chatting applications available in the market and It’s really difficult to compete with big brands and the same saturated market but KIK made its marks. If you can see current scenario then let me tell you KIK has more than 100 Million PLUS users and increasing day by day. The major reason of this is kik is available for Mobile as well as for PC but to get Kik For PC is not just straightforward and in this Post, I will walk you through the complete process regarding How to install Kik on Windows and MAC OS with full features and step by step guide.
What is Kik?
Kik is a Free Chatting and messaging Mobile application which was founded by a group of students from the University of Waterloo in Canada in 2009. You can surprise by knowing that within 15 days Kik got 1 Million registration.
Now you might be Wondering that what’s the difference between kik and other chatting or messaging applications? Why is Kik so much popular? The main reason is its features which are as follows:
Kik messaging app Features
- Simple User Interface: Once you install Kik and use it for a few days then you realize that Kik has a very simple and easy interface with clear navigation.
- Kik codes connect you with your fave people: Kik has a unique code feature, When someone scans your unique code, a chat opens, and they can send you a message and connect with you.
- New features to keep you safe: There are multiple safety features of Kik like If you receive a message that makes you feel unsafe or worried then you can simply Report that user being abusive.
- Play Games with Kik Bots: Kik has inbuild Bots. Kik Bots are used to take any advice and play games with your friends.
- Lots of Emojis and GIF’s: Like other chatting application Kik has their own Built-in Emojis and GIF’s collection.
Download Kik for PC
Kik is basically Mobile application and you can directly download Kik from Google Play store to use in mobile. But Bloggers like me wants to access most of the mobile application from Laptop.
To Run Kik on Windows PC, we need an Emulator (Emulator basically is an Android engine which you can install on Windows PC and using Emulators like Bluestacks you can Run Android Applications available on Google Play store on your Laptop)
Earlier we have seen then How to Run iOS application on Windows using iOS emulators and in this post, we will be using Bluestackes Android Emulator to Run Android Application on windows PC. (We simply have to install Bluestacks on our Laptop and from Bluestacks we can install & access Google Play stores application)
Steps to Download Bluestacks Emulator:
- Download Bluestacks Executable file from https://www.bluestacks.com on your PC
- Once Download Complete Open the File and start Installation process by Running EXE file
- Once installation will Complete you can see Bluestacks icon on your screen as follows:
Download and install Kik on Bluestacks
- In the first step open Bluestacks
- On Bluestacks Go to System Apps and open Google Play store
- On Google Play store search for Kik app and install it on Bluestacks
- You can also Download Kik APK file from Given link Directly from Playstore and to install it on Bluestacks just drag and drop APK file to the Bluestacks
- Once the Installation will Complete you need to Sign up for new Kik Account
Download and install Kik on PC Using Leapdroid
Leapdroid is less known Emulator for PC. You can simply install Leapdroid on your PC and run play store application.
- Go Through THIS LINK and Download the Leapdroid application (Minimum system requirements: Windows 7 or Above, Dual Core CPU, 2GB free disk space and 2GB RAM)
- You have to Sign in using FB or Google account to download the software
- Once the Downloading finish, open the play store app from the app and install Kik.
Download and install Kik on PC Using Genymotion
Genymotion is a paid Android emulator to run android virtual devices on PC or on Cloud. You can use Genymotion to Develop higher quality apps on the PC.
If you want to use Kik through Genymotion (I personally don’t recommend this option) then you need to buy its subscription and install Kik messenger on it. The process is similar to Bluestacks.
How to Setup Kik Account?
Setting up an account on Kik is very simple. Just follow these steps:
Step-1: Once you Download the Kik application on Bluestacks. The first step is to Open the App
Step-2: Now if you are using Kik for the First time click on SIGN UP Button.
Step-3: After that, you have to enter your personal information like First Name, Last Name, Username, Email ID, Date of Birth, Password and Phone Number.
Step-4: Once you Sign Up you need to verify your Email for Activation.
Step-5: Now to change any Details go to Settings where you can see the following options: Kik Code, Web History, Notification, Chat Settings, and Privacy.
Generally, I only use Facebook Messenger but when This kind of application can provide some cool features You can at least try it for once. I have used the app for one week and I felt that it’s worth giving a shot. Now rest depends on your requirements. You can use different chat apps and let me know which one you like the most.