- 1 How to Close Skype Account in a proper way?
- 2 Unlink Skype account from Microsoft Account
- 3 How to Get Refund of Unused Credits in Skype?
- 4 How to Remove Personal Information in Skype Profile?
Delete Skype Account: Skype is one of the most widely used Video Chat account and a great Microsoft product. But unfortunately, You can’t COMPLETELY DELETE SKYPE. The good news is you can remove all your personal Data including Contacts, Avatars, Account Settings, Skype number and personal information.
Don’t Miss – Download and Install iMessage for Windows 10
After hearing this you might have some question that If we can’t delete skype completely then what about skype account number, subscription, and unused credits? Well, this guide will guide you to properly get back your Skype account balance and delete all the information and personal data from your Skype account.
How to Close Skype Account in a proper way?
It’s really important to Close Skype account in a proper way to Cancel any active subscriptions and get a refund. One wrong steps and you will lose your account’s unused credit. So follow some basic steps to close your Skype account.
- Skype is a Microsoft product and at the time of signup, you have to link your Microsoft account. It means if you want to Close your Skype account then you have to unlink your Microsoft account from Skype.
- Now it’s time to cancel all your active subscription and have to request a refund. (NOTE – If you have Auto-recharge enabled and cancel your account without first canceling your subscription, you will continue to be charged until your account has been permanently closed in 60 days.)
- Remove all personal data from your account.
- Change Mood Status and set your status to offline
- Make sure to sign out from all devices
Using this method you will able to unlink your Microsoft Account with Microsoft and your Skype Account will be closed within a few days once the review time completes.
- First of all open skype app on your desktop and click on the Three Dots as shown in the figure to open settings.
- In the settings go to Account & Profile Settings and click on “Close Microsoft Account” Tab given in Last. (To Delete Skype account you have to delete your Microsoft account)
- Now Login to your Microsoft account by providing your Registered Email Address & Password. Once you login you have to verify your account.
- Enter last 4 digits of your registered mobile number and press enter. Within a few minutes, you will receive PASSCODE on your device. Enter that Passcode in Verification Code tab as shown in the figure.
- Once Verification Process completes you will see Microsoft Account Disclosure notice. Now read all the instruction carefully and Select All the Tabs shown in the given images
- Now Select a proper reason for the closing of account and Click on “Make Account for Closure” Tab.
Once you complete all the process your account will be Deleted Completely within 60 Days till then it stays for Review in case you change your mind and ready to use the same account again you can do it within 60 days of your Closure notice.
How to Get Refund of Unused Credits in Skype?
Basically, there are Two Methods to get Refund of Unused credits.
- From your Skype profile – receive a refund instantly if you’re eligible
- With the help of Skype agent using Chat
Get Refund Using Skype Profile
- In the first step open skype app and sign in with your Microsoft ID and Password.
- Go to the Profile and Open your Purchase History if any
- Select your Purchase order and select the Refund button. If you’re eligible for a refund, Skype team will automatically issue a refund to the same payment method used to make the purchase.
Get Refund Using Chat with Skype Agent
- First Start a live chat with customer service.
- Now Sign into Skype. Allow the pop-up if you get a warning and ask Skype team/agent for the refund by providing them proper info.
Cases in Which you will get Skype Refund
Here are some cases in which you are eligible for a refund if you wish to close your Skype account.
- Your Subscriptions that haven’t been used and haven’t expired.
- Some Skype Credit that hasn’t been used in the refund is requested within 14-days of purchase, (This is only for EU customers).
- Technical issues generated by Skype’s by the fault.
- Charges made in error if you contact us within 90-days of purchase. We can’t give refunds for charges that are more than 90-days old.
How to Remove Personal Information in Skype Profile?
Before deleting complete skype profile it’s important to delete your personal information and Sign Out from all other Devices if any. Here are steps to remove personal info from Skype.
- Sign in to your Skype account
- Open settings and go to your Profile and click on Edit profile
- Now you can see your personal info.
- Select the Edit Tab in front of every Info and Remove all the details like Name, Avatar, Contact Number.
- Don’t forget to Change Status and Mood to Offline/Invisible so that your other contacts can see your status
- Click on the Save button and Sign out. You are DONE!
Consequences of Deleting Microsoft Account
If you have decided to close your Microsoft account then it’s really important to know all the consequences related to this action.
Once you close your account you no longer able to use any Microsoft services and Product. So make sure you don’t let anything important behind. For more info, you can read Microsoft Account Clouse FAQ.
So now you got that to Delete/close skype account you have to Delete your Microsoft account first and this action will automatically close your Skype profile. In case you change your mind and want to reuse the same account you have only 60 days to withdrawal closure statement and your Microsoft and Skype account will Reactivate again.
Feel free to shoot your queries/issues in the comment section. I will try my best to solve them.